Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Doctor Mayhem


I’ve lost another friend ... too sadly and too soon.  Over the last few weeks I’ve come to realize just how important he was too me.

Bizarre, yes.  Always outside the box ... definitely yes. To the uninitiated and unremittingly conventional, he was perhaps a bit threatening ... even scary. But that was only on the surface. The man had a sweet and gentle soul, which was completely at odds with the image.

He did like to shake things up, especially for those he called “sheeple.” In fact, I think it may have been his mission to make the life of an iconoclast an art form.

As his friend I was not allowed to even consider staying in my shell of introversion. At his urging, I came to his Halloween parties as an Oompa Loompa, Baby Jane Hudson, a dead jester, Monica Lewinsky in a blue dress from Goodwill and knee pads with hot glue in my wig, and a slutty chauffeur.

 I bless Bud for not allowing me to be a bore, for being open to all the possibilities of art, music, movies, fun, and life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home